PGW Bookstore is a marketplace where you can purchase goods directly from women-led retailers from around the world. Our team is committed to ensuring you have a positive experience shopping in the PGW Bookstore. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
Understanding PGW Bookstore’s Limitations as a Marketplace
PGW Bookstore provides a marketplace for buyers to discover and purchase from vendors around the world, in addition to goods from PGW. External vendors are clearly named on all product pages. It is important to note that PGW Bookstore is not a part of the transaction between the buyer and an external vendor. By shopping on PGW Bookstore, you understand that:
- You may not be buying directly from PGW Bookstore, but from one of the many phenomenal retailers on PGW Bookstore; and
- Each vendor on PGW Bookstore has their own processing times, delivery methods, and shop policies.
Purchasing an Item on PGW Bookstore
When you buy from an external vendor on PGW Bookstore, you’re directly supporting a women-led retailer, each with its unique listings, policies, and processing times. By making a purchase from a vendor on PGW Bookstore, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate delivery information to the vendor.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about an external vendor’s items, help good vendors build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
Your review and/or video or photograph and profile information may be publicly displayed on the vendor's listing and review pages.
By leaving a review, video, or photograph, you acknowledge that your content may not violate our rules for creating and uploading content:
- Contain graphic, mature, or obscene language or imagery;
- Be about things outside the vendor’s control, such as a delivery company, PGW Bookstore, or a third party;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a vendor’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the reviews system.
By uploading a video or photograph to one of PGW Bookstore’s websites or PGW Bookstore's mobile app, you warrant that:
- You own the content or you have the rights or permission to use the content; and
- You understand that, PGW Bookstore has license to use any content you provide to PGW Bookstore.
Vendors may also respond to reviews. Vendors’ responses to reviews must also comply with this policy.
We reserve the right to remove reviews, videos, or photographs that violate our policies.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of PGW Bookstore, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that:
- Contains hateful or derogatory language or imagery;
- Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules about interference;
- Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights;
- Is false, deceptive, or misleading;
- Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s;
- Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the PGW Bookstore checkout process;
- Contains prohibited medical drug claims.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
PGW Bookstore’s Case System
Although PGW Bookstore is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a vendor, we provide a case system in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected and you are unable to reach a resolution with the vendor. If you experience an order issue, the first thing you must do is contact the vendor via their vendor page. Vendors should be given 48 hours to try to resolve the issue. After this period, you can contact the PGW Bookstore’s by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to alert PGW Bookstore of an unresolved order issue in the event of non-delivery, damage, or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. The PGW Bookstore will attempt to mediate the issue between the vendor and purchaser.
By using PGW Bookstore’s case system, you understand that PGW Bookstore may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members.
Unless required by law, some disputes don’t qualify for PGW Bookstore’s case system. These include:
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to delivery delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of postage disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Disputes covered by local warranty or return laws applicable to a vendor or their product.
Wherever a qualifying case is escalated for PGW Bookstore’s review, we will evaluate the claim to the best of our ability. Please be prepared to supply additional documentation if requested.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only vendors may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a vendor cancel an order.
Returning an Item
Each vendor has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all vendors accept returns. For returns on digital items, please see vendor listing.
If you reside in the European Union or United Kingdom, you may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling off period,” or a “right of withdrawal”, during which you may return an item for any reason.